Oxygen equipment for climbers
Climber's mask POISK
For a batch of products in the amount of _ pieces
1. Main information and technical specification.
Climber’s mask POISK RUGI.01.007.000.00 SB is a part of oxygen set POISK and is meant for providing a climber with proper oxygen for breathing in highlands.
|Height limit of mask operation not more than||9000 m.|
|Operation temperature||from -50 to +30 °C|
|Permissible oxygen flow rate||from 0.5 to 4 l/min.|
|Weight of the mask not more than||0.25 kg.|
2. Certificate of acceptance.
Climber’s mask POISK is made according to the effective technical documentation and is recognized ready for service.
Head of QCD G.V. Kalinin
3. Resources, service and service life, manufacturer's guarantees.
Service life – 3 years, in tropical climate – 1 year.
Storage life – not more than 3 years.
The specified service and storage life are valid if the user follows the requirements of the present operational documentation.
Manufacturer guarantees conformity of the product with the requirements of the present operation documentation if the customer acts in compliance with conditions and rules of storage, transporting and service.
Guaranteed service and storage life is 1 year from the date of acceptance.
4. Notes on operation and storage.
Operation and keeping of the mask is to be performed according to the operating manual on the oxygen set POISK RUGI.01.003.000.00 RE.
Unlike previous models (
Exterior of the mask and its spare parts for the standard completion is represented on fig. 1.
1 – face part of mask (thermoplastic elastomer with no smell) is available in 3 sizes: S, M, L.
2 – elastomeric soft angle connector
3 - straight connector with jointed socket
4 - flow indicator gives visual control of oxygen supply into the mask;
5 – breathing bag 801MM, capacity
6 – bayonet connector for attaching the hose to the oxygen reducer;
7 – controllable elastic 4-pointed headband with an inhalation valve cap (POM-polyacetates) includes polyester-sulfones straps for head and neck;
8 - exhalation valve is made of liquid silicone;
9 - inhalation valve is made of rubber based on ethylene, propylene and diene monomer;
10 – case with slots for valves (PA66 - polyamide).
Use only original details from the manufacturer. After/before using check, clean and disinfect the parts. Valves' disks need changing at least once a year.
Air-tightness test: can be done two ways:
1) Close the exhale canal with your hand and breathe out softly for making extra pressure – breathing bag is expected to swell a little. On the edge of compaction of the face part of the mask there shouldn’t be any leakage.
2) Close inhalation valve with your hand and breathe in to make mask stick to face. If there is a leakage of air in this kind of testing or any other, adjust head straps and try mask of another size.
Cleaning: use warm water and soft detergent (neutral pH 6-8). Do not use solvents (e.g. turpentine, acetone), hot water or bleach (e.g. perborate, percarbonate).
Storage: mask should be protected from direct sunlight, grease and oil. Mask should be kept in a dry, clean place. Mask's parts can be kept not more than 5 years at the temperature from –
Operation at low temperature. During operation of mask at low temperature it is necessary to take into account the following:
1. Accumulation of frost on the exhale valve and the protective cap of the exhale valve. Frost can be removed mechanically by tapping the exhale valve cap on a solid object: e.g. a boot, the handle of a ski pole, etc. Don’t hit the cap with a stone or a hammer – plastic become fragile at low temperature.
2. Accumulation of frost and moisture in the breathing bag. The bag should be carefully disconnected from the straight connector and replaced by a new one (delivered in the complete set). The used bag should be properly cleaned, disinfected, dried and prepared for future use.
3. Be careful with the inhale valve – it may cause skin frostbite. If necessary interchange the inhale valve and the angle connector: disconnect the straight connector 3 from the angle connector 2, take away the case with slots for valves 10, unroll and put it back into the face part. The angle connector should be turned into the right position. Caution! Coupling between the angle connector and the case with slots for the valves can not disassembled!
4. Remember that mask is a personal kind of equipment. Do not use other people's masks that have already been used – they may be the source of serious viruses and bacterial diseases. Every time after usage clean and disinfect your mask including connectors and breathing bag properly. During the climbing you can do it with the wet sanitary napkin. You can find the mask in a non-assemble condition in fig.2.
CAUTION! THERE MUST NOT BE ANY GREASY OR OILY SPOTS ON THE MASK. OIL IN CONTACT WITH OXYGEN IS EXPLOSIVE!